Effective date: December 08, 2018
Last Updated: December 10, 2021
Linkup Paint Supplies Ltd ("Linkup", "us", "we", or "our") operates the https://www.linkup.co.nz website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We know that privacy is an important concern to our customers. We use the information we collect from you for our own business and marketing purposes including to better understand your preferences, respond to your needs, and enhance your overall experience through our Service.
- provide us with your personal information (whether directly or indirectly); or
(a) Linkup's website at www.linkup.co.nz, or any associated website or microsite (collectively referred to as the “Service”); or
(b) any other social media website, online chat forum or page, containing pages or content established by or associated with Linkup, including but not limited to Facebook, or LinkedIn (“Social Networking Sites”),
(together (a) and (b) are the Internet Sites and any one of them is an Internet Site),
- enter our Internet Sites; or
- otherwise provide us with your personal information.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Region/Province, Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
Request for Services
This Website contains several areas where a user may request services (for example to place an order or request operational assistance) offered by Linkup or to provide feedback. To fulfil these requests Linkup may collect some required information as well as optional information that will help us satisfy your requests.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Location Cookies. Where permission is explicitly given, we use Location Cookies to show distances to your closest branch.
Use of Data
Linkup Paint Supplies Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your region, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside New Zealand and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to New Zealand and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Linkup Paint Supplies Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Linkup Paint Supplies Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Microsoft Tools (Bing and Clarity)
Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service as part of Microsoft's Bing search engine which allows us to add our website to the Bing index crawler, see our site's performance in Bing and a lot more. Microsoft uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Microsoft services.
Clarity is a free user behavior analytics tool offered by Microsoft that helps us understand how users are interacting with our website through session replays and heatmaps. Microsoft uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Microsoft services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
Meta (Facebook Pixel)
We never share information from our website with competitors or third parties. All information we use is aggregated with millions of other signals before being read by optimisation systems. Facebook uses information obtained to improve its ads (as noted in their terms). This data is aggregated before it's used.
The Facebook pixel collects five types of data:
- HTTP headers - Anything present in HTTP headers. HTTP headers are a standard web protocol sent between any browser request and any server on the Internet. HTTP headers include IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Pixel-specific data - This includes pixel ID and the cookie.
- Button click data - This includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
- Optional values - Developers and marketers can optionally choose to send additional information about the visit through custom data events. Example custom data events are conversion value, page type and more.
- Form Field Names - This includes website field names such as "email", "address" and "quantity" when a person purchases a product or service. The pixel does not capture field values unless an advertiser includes them as part of advanced matching or optional values.
Automatic advanced matching has been disabled for this site.
We use data sent by the Facebook pixel to enable us to use our advertising products to better reach people who visit our website, to optimise our ads and to gain rich reports and insights about the conversions that result from our ads. Like other businesses in this space, Meta also use this information to improve their advertising and to serve more relevant ads to people. This is a process known as interest-based advertising, and it is a common industry practice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Meta, please visit the Facebook Privacy and Data Use web page: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
You are entitled to receive from us upon request confirmation of whether we hold any personal information about you and access to or assistance with accessing your personal information. You are also entitled to request that we correct any inaccuracies in any information which we hold about you. We are entitled to charge you for the reasonable costs of providing assistance or making information available in compliance with a request for access and providing assistance or attaching a statement of correction to personal information in connection with a request for correction.
- Webmaster Contact Information
Tel: (07) 847 0933
PO Box 10539, Hamilton 3240
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.linkup.co.nz/find-us/hamilton/